The day has finally arrived, ISO 22301 has officially been published by the BSI.
Officially called ISO 22301 “Societal security - Business continuity management systems - Requirements” the new standard will officially replace BS 25999-2 which will be withdrawn on 1st November 2012. Don’t panic though as a transition period has been put in place. Further information can be found in an article on Continuity Forum.
The new ISO specifies the requirements for setting up and managing an effective Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) for any organisation, regardless of type or size.
ISO 22301 specifies the requirements to:
- Identify crucial risk factors already affecting your organisation
- Understand your organisation’s needs and obligations
- Establish implement and maintain your BCMS
- Measure your organisation’s overall capability to manage disruptive incidents
- Guarantee conformity with a stated business continuity policy
ISO 22301 is available to purchase and download from the BSI website for £50 (members) and £100 (non-members). You can download the standard from the following link: http://shop.bsigroup.com/en/ProductDetail/?pid=000000000030207716
Stephenson Resilience looks forward to providing information and services in relation to the new standard in the coming weeks.